Most of the lessons in this series will use the Jupyter Notebook but it is optional. If you have an IDE that you are comfortable with please feel free to use it.
To get started you will need the Jupyter Notebook. The Jupyter notebook pages recommends that you install the Jupyter notebook from the Anaconda website because it will bring all of tools you will need to run the notebook.
- Go to https://www.anaconda.com/distribution/
- Choose the version of Python you will be using (this book will use 3.7)
- Download the installer
- Follow the Instructions to install.
- Jupyter Lesson 1: Installing the Jupyter Notebook
- Jupyter Lesson 2: Starting the Jupyter Notebook
- Jupyter Lesson 3: Create a working folder in the Jupyter Notebook
- Jupyter Lesson 4: Create a new Jupyter Notebook
- Jupyter Lesson 5: Working with MarkDown Cells
- Jupyter Lesson 6: Working with Code Cells
- Jupyter Lesson 7: Using Magic Commands
- Jupyter Lesson 8: Jupyter Notebook Keyboard Shortcuts
- Jupyter Lesson 9: How to Interrupt the Kernel (Stop code from running)
- Jupyter Lesson 10: How to reset the Kernel (Clear all in memory objects and stop the code)
- IPyWidgets (UI Controls)